I got to the Apple store on fifth avenue, I went to go inside, but as soon as I saw those tables and all the same shit I stared at for six months from the top of the stairs, I left. I wandered into central park and headed to the zoo. I don't think I've ever been to a zoo before, and I don't really want to go again. It was cramped, full of kids and it stank. However, the animals really looked like they were enjoying themselves, especially the polar bear, look at the picture. His fur is so healthy, what a coat! And he was moving around loads, God I bet he loves it. Poor bastard.
I made a quick exit after seeing a room about 40 foot square, filled with about 60 penguins.
Strawberry fields next, and the memorial to John Lennon. I couldn't find it at first, but then I managed to tune my ears into the dull murmur of people crying and singing. I followed my ears and surely, there it was. It was nice and all, I felt something standing there, but some of the people I was with took it all a little far:
"John! John! Why you John?! Whyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!?" Cried some lady.
"Our father in times of dark! (sob sob) How could you be snatched from us?! (sob sob)" Questioned some man.
"Please shut the fuck up" Thought some ginger English guy in the back.
In all, it was quite a pleasant experience being there, and I didn't mind the enthusiastic fans that much, it's just that the whole thing was eventually spoiled for everyone when this 'billybob four arms' sat down to serenade us. (See pic)
I walked back down fifth avenue, quiet in the satisfaction that I was covering a lot of ground now I was used to the trekking. And also quiet in my solitude. I'm surrounded by millions of people, yet the only noise I frequently make is a wheeze or a cough.
I bought more cigarettes.

No comments:
Post a Comment