I jumped off the top bunk and fell into the wall. "Not as gruff as earlier, I retorted to my comment from the first time I woke.
I was in need of three things. Water, Orange Juice and Bread. Oh, and a sowing kit.
I went to pull on my Jeans. The ones that aren't stained with tabasco sauce, and there it was. A hole. Not a hole. A gap. In a comic fit I put my head through this gap. It's a big gap. I put the pants on regardless and walked out of the hostel, hood up, head down.
I bought my items and went back to the hostel and started sowing. I looked at the clock, it was 2pm. It took me two and a half hours to sow my jeans. Im retarded when it comes to textiles.
The night before was a lot of fun. I went to a number of bars with people from the hostel. A Swedish girl, an American Girl, two English guys, a fucking crazy dutchman and some Koreans. We were a wily bunch and it didn't take much booze for us to create 'a scene'
The dutch guy is obsessed with drugs. He is a comedy within himself. This is how we met.
"Hej Bro, you smoke?" as he goes to hand me one mother fucking big spliff, in the garden of the hostel.
"Only cigarettes mate, but thanks anyway"
Without giving me his name, or any personal details, he continued.
"Drugs man"
"Yeah" I replied idly
"I love 'em. What do you want? Coke? My man bobby has coke. Amphetamine? My guy Terence has phet. Nah, nah, Crack's what your after? It's a stretch but I can do it for you"
Do I look like I smoke fucking crack? I have an english Ginger hairdo, I eat well and I haven't sold all of my personal belongings. I have no credentials giving me the keys to Crack city.
Still, we talked for a while and had quite a laugh. I think he's one of those guys you hang around with to make yourself feel better, though I'd never tell that to his blood shot eyes.
He apparently works for something called project 215 in Amsterdam, it's a huge cannabis plantation supplying for medicinal purposes throughout Europe.
"I'm here on business" He says
"Right" I drawl out at the same time as exhaling my cigarette smoke.
We all went for a drink, and ended up at a bar called sip. This place is frightfully cool, everyone there has hairdo's that are so scruffy, they must take hours to perfect. I drank pilsner and chatted to the guy who owns the place. He wore a cap facing north west, baggy ass pants and a sweatband on his wrist. We talked a lot and he asked me what I thought of the DJ.
"Not my thing really, but it fits in here I guess" Was my reply, as the DJ laid 'Sound of thunder' from Duran Duran's self titled, 1981 album on the table.
We carried on talking and I opened him up to the Music I like, he said he'd never heard any of that kind of stuff before. And so, he offered me to DJ there tonight. I took him up on the offer, of course, but I wish I had a video camera to capture the locals faces, when I inevitably open my set with Hendrik Zoe's 'Augenblicke'. Minimal Techno and 80's pop are literally ocean's apart.
After chatting with him, I spoke to the barmaid. She had a smile I could hang on my wall and was shaped like an erdinger glass. She said she was working tonight and was looking forward to seeing me again, I moved away from her, but kept a constant tab on those eyes. Those eyes that were checking up on me from time to time.
I stumbled to a little table at the end of the bar and joined two gentlemen who told me to pull up a seat. One was in his fifties, the other was celebrating his 73rd birthday. They were investment bankers with heaps if cash. I told them about England, about crime and regeneration. They told me about wall street and how to make money. I've forgotten the latter, but wall street is an interesting topic. We spoke for a while, they were very entertaining. The old guy left about two and shortly after him, I went too.
My cue was when the younger man asked me if I could sincerely love an older man. A big switch flipped in my head and I feared for my ass. I fled swiflty and without any confusion. I suppose the guy was just trying his luck.
I had forgotten about the people I came to the bar with. I had forgotten what time it was. It was time to go to bed.

No comments:
Post a Comment